Christ Church (Friezland)
For Directions please follow OL3 7LQ (Junction of Church Road and Oaklands Road, Friezland) on your sat-nav or mobile device. Please see map at the bottom of this page.
HOLY WEEK SERVICES
Sunday 20th March - 9:30am; Palm Sunday, Procession with palms and the Passion Gospel
Thursday 24th March - 7:00 pm; Maundy Thursday service with washing of feet and vigil until 11:00 pm
Friday 25th March - 10:00 am; Good Friday Service in church with activity workshop in the church hall for children.
Saturday 26th March- 7:00 pm; Easter Eve service of light
Saturday 27th March - 9:30 am; Easter Day Eucharist service
- Sunday - Eucharist - 9.30 am
- Tuesday - Eucharist - 9.30 am
- Thursday - Eucharist - 7.00 pm
The Parish of Friezland lies at the southern end of the village of Greenfield, nestling below the Saddleworth Moors. There has been a church here since 1850 when the Whitehead family, who owned the nearby Royal George Mills, decided that their employees and other local people needed somewhere to worship near to their homes.
With a regular congregation of around 50 each week, we offer spiritual support to the residents of the Parish.
Our church provides a beautiful setting for important landmarks in life such as marriages and christenings. At the end of life, it offers a dignified and peaceful atmosphere in which to say farewell to loved ones.
We have a Junior Church, which meets each Sunday in Term time.
Our Choir of 15 adults, which includes classically trained singers, lead our worship each Sunday and they also join with other choirs in the Saddleworth Team for special occasions.
We have a Church Hall with licensed Bar and kitchen, which is an ideal venue to celebrate weddings and other family events.
The Friezland Coffee Shop is open in church 2pm - 4pm every Thursday afternoon serving fresh ground coffee. Everyone Welcome.
You can also find us on facebook. Just look for Friezland church, Christ church.
- Please help to support the church. TEXT giving is now available for Christ church; Text FRZL22 and an amount e.g. "FRZL22 £10" to 70070 to donate £10.
- Upcoming Dates
Regular local events:
- Thursdays, 2-4pm, Christchurch, Friezland. Coffee shop.
- Thursdays, Freizland little lights playgroup - 10am in church during term time
- Fairtrade produce is now available to purchase after the sunday morning service. Contact Megan Harrison for more details.
- Food Bank - Non perishable food items are urgently needed for food bank users especially UHT milk, fruit juice, tea bags, instant coffee, rice/pasta, cereals, instant mash potato, jars of pasta sauce, sponge puddings, soup, biscuits, snack bars.
- Booth Centre - This support and advice centre in the Manchester is looking for regular donations of men's deodorant, soap, disposable razors, shaving foam, shower gel. Please place at the back of church and will be delivered to the Booth Centre.